Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Samsung vrt top loading washer that will not start…

Customer Question
I have a Samsung...

I have a Samsung vrt top loading washer that will not start after pressing the start button.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Less than 2 yrs old there about

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Model is wh45h7000aw/a2

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/12/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Have you tried to unplug the unit for a full minute and plug it back in to reset everything then try it. Let me know.

I unplug it but maybe not that long..... hold on
it still doesn't do anything calling me is not necessary right now thank you

Does it beep or display anything at all?

no it does lock and the display is on showing what cycle I've chosen but nothing

OK does it sound like the fill valve is trying to fill with water? Make sure the water supply is on

it is not making the filling sound and yes the water supply is on
is it possible that it is electrical?
I did have a spin problem about a year ago and had something replaced because it was stripped out ... I think... someone took care of it for me

This sounds like a board issue if it makes no noise and you get no error code I would say you have a control board issue, the board is not sending power to the stator or fill valve. That is the main board in the console.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

would this be covered under the 10 year warranty for direct drive moter? or is that just for the motor itself? how did it go bad?

The motor would be covered but not the board. The boards fail on that unit all the time just cheap Chinese parts in the boards that fail too early

well crap .... ok thank you very much for your help
are they very expensive to replace? is it something I can do or will a repair man need to do it?

The boards are about 150 typically and it is not too bad of a job to do. Just remove the console to get to it. You can order the part from SEARSPARTSDIRECT.COM