Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kenmore Elite Electric Range. The clock is

I have a Kenmore...

I have a Kenmore Elite Electric Range. The clock is displayed, the oven controls work, but we can't turn on the cooktop

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Customer:(###) ###-#### The unit was in the house when we bought the house Sept 16..I have reason to believe the stove is within 5 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. I pulled the stove out 2 days ago to clean. we used the stove lastnite and this morning the controls for the burners won't work. Everything else on the stove works fine

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nothing just the controls for the elements

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/12/2017
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your electric range. Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

You probably lost one leg of your 2 pronged power to the range. If you loose one leg, your clock and controls can still work, but the cooktop won't. I suspect that when you pulled it out that the cord came loose and was just loose enough to work for a short period of time. I would pull it back out and make sure the cord is firmly seated in the socket. Try the cooktop after that. If it still does not work, I suspect that you have a loose connection on the terminal block that may need to be tightened. If this is the case - As long as it hasn't gone too long like that, the terminal block will probably be ok.

- Please rate my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. Thank you.

Engineer-Tech
thank you.
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech