Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a thermador pgr36 gas oven that is flashing 22 eeror…

Customer Question
We have a thermador...

We have a thermador pgr36 gas oven that is flashing 22 eeror code what part will fix

Contractor's Assistant: Have you checked for the code in the manual?

Yes eeprom is that right

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It stopped working after a cleaning cycle

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/12/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 5 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So unfortunately error 22 means there is an EEPROM error as you may have discovered. But it doesn't sound like you know what an EEPROM error is. This is the logic in the main control board. You can try to unplug the oven for 5 minutes and see if the main board resets. If it still acts up, the main control board under the cooktop will need to be ordered and replaced. I'll worn you that the part is usually $400 or so, and you'll need the full model number located on a sticker behind the kick panel below the door to look up the exact part number for your particular model.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Why do I have a $23 charge along with the 5$ chargr

This was explained when you started the question. The question is $28. The $5 is only a good faith deposit to start the question to ensure you have a valid credit card. The $5 goes toward the $28.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc