Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My refrigerator was installed one month ago. When I got up…

Customer Question
My refrigerator was installed...

My refrigerator was installed one month ago. When I got up this morning, it was not running. No power, no lights, nothing. I checked the circuit breaker, it's fine. I tried pulling it out to check the plug, but the doors have to come off because the island is right across. Help!!!!

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

I can't get at the plug, someone has to take the doors off because of the space limitations. My husband just got up and my son will be here shortly. I will have them get it out and unplug it. Thanks. Would throwing the circuit breaker do the same thing? That would be way easier

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it's just a matter of getting to the plug or shutting the circuit breaker down, yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of. It was installed on October 14. I'm going to shut the circuit breaker off first and hopefully we won't have to take the doors off.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/12/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a full model number so I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section and seen if you just open the refrigerator door.

Gfe28hmkees

OK so the only thing that can cut power to the entire unit would be no power going to the refrigerator or a bad main control board on the back of the refrigerator. Try running an extension cord to another outlet you know is working to make sure the refrigerator is getting power. If it still won't start up, you need to order and replace the main control board on the back of the entire refrigerator behind an 8" x 10" sheet metal panel. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for control board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

A huge part of the problem is the fact that I can't get at the back of the fridge or the plug. We are wondering if maybe the receptacle (which is new and probably has it's own breaker on it) somehow tripped.
This is a complete new kitchen and explains why I didn't want a cabinet built around the fridge.

It's possible. A refrigerator however should be plugged into a dedicated outlet (not a GFI outlet). Either way, you'll have to pull the refrigerator out to see.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?