Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Whirplool GS6SHAVML side by side Refridgerator that…

Customer Question
I have a Whirplool...

I have a Whirplool GS6SHAVML side by side Refridgerator that I just moved out of Kitchen while refinishing my kitchen floor. When we moved it back in place the lights work but it is not cooling. Any suggestions?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Whirplool GS6SHAXML00..not sure how old it is. I have had it for 10 years.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not really just trying to see if it is more efficient cost wise to get new or have a technician come out and see what is wrong?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I noticed it was "ticking" when I closed the doors for the past couple of weeks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 2 days by:
11/15/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 8 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

If the unit is not cooling and the compressor, fan in the freezer is not running then most likely the main board is dead, the board is no longer being manufactured but you can still get them on ebay for around 200.00, so if a tech comes out to look it at its gonna run you about 350.00 and you will likely have to wait a week on or so on the part and that's if the company is willing to get the part at all. Most likely they will just tell you the board is no longer available and charge you for the call and leave. However if the compressor is running but the fan in the freezer is not then that will be a fairly reasonable repair and the fan is still available. You should be able to make a decision on what you want to do now by just checking those few things and seeing which is the problem. If you decided you would like to try and repair it yourself, let me know what you find and get back to me in the meantime, please read below, thanks.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thank you.