Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Frigidaire stack unit dryer is leaving marks on my

Customer Question
My Frigidaire stack unit...

My Frigidaire stack unit dryer is leaving marks on my clothes. Is this a felt belt issue? If so how do I replace that? Is there a video that will show me specifically for a stack unit?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The model number is ***** I'm not sure how old it is.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I've gone on line and all of the info/videos are for regular dryer units. I need specific instructions for the stack unit.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/12/2017
Appliance Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 8 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello… My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today as well as providing a quick and straightforward solution to your dryer question. On behalf of Just Answer, I do apologize for the extended wait time you’ve experienced without an expert responding to your question. Now that I am logged on, please allow me a few moments for some research and to confirm my recommendations, which will appear shortly.

In the meantime, if you have any more information you would like to add, ask additional questions, would like to make a comment, or would like to upload helpful photos, please use the reply box below. Thank you!

F​rom your post it sounds more like the problem is something that is creating the marks is mixed in with the clothes (a pen or crayon etc) and every time the dryer tumbles the clothes they are receiving a mark. The felt gasket usually does not cause any damage, it is just an air and heat seal. Sometimes if clothes get stuck between the door and front opening you can get some damage but that would be isolated to that piece of clothing. I would inspect the inside of the dryer very well for a loose item or something that was deposited on the dryer metal that may have melted and is causing the marks.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

It has been my pleasure providing an answer for you today, however if additional service is needed, please use the reply box to let me know and I will respond back once I have the requested information.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Dave

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question? If this information was helpful you can close out this question simply by completing the rating questionnaire when prompted, however…

If you are still having problems that my response and recommendations were unable to resolve, just let me know and I will continue looking for another possible solution, however I do ask that you please do not complete the rating until I have had a chance to do some further research.

Thanks,

Dave