Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The door is locked on my front loading washing machine. I…

Customer Question
The door is locked...

The door is locked on my front loading washing machine.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I have followed the trouble shooting .

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It is model number: w10326417a about four years old

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I washed one load of clothes, and it did not seem to have gotten all the water out.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
if possible
I would rather talk than type.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I want a one time service call.
The dial is showing e1
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/12/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

That is a drain code, either the pump is bad or blocked. Remove the front lower panel on the unit, there are 3 torx screws along the very bottom edge. Remove those and the panel will go straight down and lift off exposing the pump and pump filter housing. Tip the unit against the wall about 45 degrees if possible and remove the pump filter housing, which is the large round disk that turns counterclockwise to remove it. Check in there for blockages, then remove the pump motor from the filter (3 phillips screws mount it and it pulls off). Check that impeller for blockages or damage and if all is clear you will need a new pump most likely. Lastly check the wiring to the pump for any breaks or damage.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.