Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool dishwaser & it is 1 years old. I have…

Customer Question
I have a Whirlpool...

I have a Whirlpool dishwaser & it is 1 years old. I have noticed after washing my dishes there is water at the bottom of the machine. How do I get rid of the water. It is about a 1/4 inch deep.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Where do I look for a model #?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/12/2017
Appliance Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 9 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello… My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today as well as providing a quick and straightforward solution to your dishwasher question. On behalf of Just Answer, I do apologize for the extended wait time you’ve experienced without an expert responding to your question. Now that I am logged on, please allow me a few moments for some research and to confirm my recommendations, which will appear shortly.

In the meantime, if you have any more information you would like to add, ask additional questions, would like to make a comment, or would like to upload helpful photos, please use the reply box below. Thank you!

W​ater in the bottom of the dishwasher usually comes from the residual water in the drain line after pumping it out. Most likely because the drain line from the dishwasher to the airgap, the airgap to the disposal, and the disposal itself, all have to be cleaned out in order to allow the water to pump out completely. After cleaning these lines make sure there is a small drip loop on the dishwasher line so the water will now flow backwards into the dishwasher. Also make sure your filter area is cleaned out. This is a common problem and occurs over time. Also if you use your disposal a lot food gets thrown along the inside and partially blocks the dishwasher drain line. Everything can be cleaned out using a metal coat hanger, followed by running a dishwasher cycle and verifying the water is flowing strong.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

It has been my pleasure providing an answer for you today, however if additional service is needed, please use the reply box to let me know and I will respond back once I have the requested information.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Dave

drip loop on the dishwasher line so the water will not flow backwards into the dishwasher. Sorry for the typo above.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question? If this information was helpful you can close out this question simply by completing the rating questionnaire when prompted, however…

If you are still having problems that my response and recommendations were unable to resolve, just let me know and I will continue looking for another possible solution, however I do ask that you please do not complete the rating until I have had a chance to do some further research.

Thanks,

Dave

Appliance Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 8 months ago

I have not been able to locate any additional information on this issue and since I have not received any feedback, I am thinking the recommendations I mentioned above have been helpful in resolving this problem. If you still need additional assistance just let me know by using the reply box.

Thanks,

Dave