Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Bosch dishwasher stopped working in mid cycle. The bottom…

Customer Question
My Bosch dishwasher stopped...

My Bosch dishwasher stopped working in mid cycle. The bottom was full of water. I took out the dishes, got the water out, took out the filter or whatever that little part is (nothing was blocking it) then tried to start the dishwasher again but it will not start.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I don't know what the model is, where would I find it on the appliance. These serial numbers were on the inside of the appliance if they mean anything - SHE43M05UC/56 on the inside side panel and 9ooo359119Rev.B on the inside top front panel. The appliance is about 8 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Well I am a woman and not mechanically inclined but if it simply needs a reset or some minor work, I could try.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Like what for example?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/12/2017
Appliance Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 8 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello… My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today as well as providing a quick and straightforward solution to your dishwasher question. On behalf of Just Answer, I do apologize for the extended wait time you’ve experienced without an expert responding to your question. Now that I am logged on, please allow me a few moments for some research and to confirm my recommendations, which will appear shortly.

In the meantime, if you have any more information you would like to add, ask additional questions, would like to make a comment, or would like to upload helpful photos, please use the reply box below. Thank you!

M​ost likely the problem is the pump motor is stuck or has failed. This will require removing the bottom panel to access the pump and verify if that is the problem. If stuck it may be easy to unfreeze depending on the model and if it is accessible (some pumps are 100% sealed), if it is not the pump then it may be the control panel itself. This will require a trusted appliance technician or a knowledgeable handy type person to further inspect and diagnose. This is fairly common on dishwashers and if a simple fix it won't take long. However if the motor or control board need to be replaced, neither are worth doing and it is best to replace the dishwasher.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this is common with all dishwashers.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

It has been my pleasure providing an answer for you today, however if additional service is needed, please use the reply box to let me know and I will respond back once I have the requested information.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Dave

I cancelled this order last night right after I realized it had gone through to an ask an expert site that I would be charged for and might not get a response for 24 hours. I (1) did not have that long to wait for an answer and (2) switched a breaker and the dishwasher started. It was an electrical issue that I quickly solved. I did two loads of dishes last night. This morning I went online to see if the order had been cancelled as I requested. Instead I found your response which did not even suggest an electrical issue as the problem. If I get charged for this I will consider it a crime. Deborah Krupa