Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

Refrigerator doesn't seem to be cooling enough. It's from

Customer Question

refrigerator doesn't seem to be cooling enough.
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: It's from 2005 - Side by side with freezer drawer underneath.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Well, hoping to troubleshoot at least. The freezer seems colder than normal, but fridge not as cold. Any ideas?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: We pulled it out to check underneath and it is fairly clean - coils underneath shouldn't be full of lint or anything like that.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is an Amana fridge.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model number is *****
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

Hi............It sounds like there is a problem with the defrost you may be getting a build-up........it may be a matter of testing or swapping out the control board, a defrost timer, sensor. thermostat, or heater.......and hopefully not a more involved compressor replacement...........are you getting any little puddles of water anywhere ....in or out?

Thankseddie