Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a gas kenmore elite he3 dryer. The dryer either

Customer Question
I have a gas...

I have a gas kenmore elite he3 dryer. The dryer either starts and runs fine for a minute or so and stops or just beeps when the start button is pushed. It seems to heat fine. It also doesn't seem to matter if it's in auto or manual or the heat cycle.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

13 years or so. 110.94821300

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It's been a good dryer

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 9 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Often that is a bad door switch on the unit open the door and press the switch all the way in with your finger and then press start if it still does a triple beep replace the door switch.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

It still beeps once and won't start. Can I test the switch?

You can test the door switch to the unit. Get to the two wires to it and see if there is continuity across the switch. Also make sure the belt is not broken on the unit.

CLICK HERE DRYER DOOR SWITCH

The door switch is operating correctly.

OK does the unit start now at all?

No it doesn't, also the check lint screen flashes a lot. I have cleaned everything pretty good. It was starting for a minute or so before but now it just beeps and goes click.

OK then if the belt is good you need to get to the main board and remove it and check the backside of the board, you likely have a solder joint burned out. The only other thing that will cause that issue is a bad thermal fuse on the blower housing. Check those two things.