Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our whirlpool duet dryer is stuck on sensing mode. when we…

Customer Question
Our whirlpool duet dryer...

Our whirlpool duet dryer is stuck on sensing mode. when we press start, the dryer clicks but doesn't get past the sensing light. We opened the door and pressed the door switch, and the light stays ON.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

At least 10 years old, maybe 12

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Model = GEW9250pw1

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don't think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Do you have a meter to test with?

No not sure what that is

Okay, so I can give the most likely to be faulty but no way to know 100% without testing. Would you like that information?