John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a jenn air stove model # JES9800CAS serial

Customer Question

I have a jenn air stove model # JES9800CAS serial #D31380396. The stove works fine but the oven acts like it is dead. nothing comes on. This unit is in a vacation rental and our cleaning girl, did clean the oven. Since then, the oven hasnt worked. Is there a lock or a switch that could have been triggered. Also, we have been unable to get anyone from warranty to come out and fix the unit. This repair has to be done by Wednesday as we have renters coming in on Thursday. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The exact model is JES9800CAS. This unit was purchased in April 2013 and is under the extended warranty
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No. I am not qualified
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That is all the info that I have. The burners work fine. The oven doesnt work at all
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Woody
No I dont have a volt owm meter or know how to use it.

ok Are you able to even program the oven in Bake or Broil ?