Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have aProfile side by side refrigerator model 23, 25 or…

Customer Question
I have aProfile side...

I have aProfile side by side refrigerator model 23, 25 or 26. It was installed 9/10/08. It has just begun to make a light fuzzy sound. When I use the water dispenser the sound goes away. Help!

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

It was new in 2008. I have the owner's manuel in front of me and the serial # is scratched off. There is a # 82NK written on the front of the book. The owner's manual is for model 23,25 or 26. Thank you, Sue

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like to.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I know of. Everything else on the refrigerator seems to be fine.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Serial # 400479, model #psic3rgxafcv
11/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

1. Can you please explain more about what you are hearing?
  2. Is it still cooling fine despite the noise?
It is still cooling. In the interim while I was doing other things while awaiting your responses the sound stopped. The refrigerator was making the sound at least 24 hours. It was a low humming that was extra. Whenever I used the water dispenser it went away.

Had you moved it for cleaning behind it or anything?

I do not want to spend more money! When I began I assumed this was a free service, then it was $5.00, then it was $31.50 additional and now another $24.00. I am very disappointed in this service but would like to continue, unless we can stop now and I will on
Can I discontinue the Service and get some of my money back?

The call option is not my doing, they are an automated off that I have no control over.