Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Trouble getting my dish washer going. The start light comes…

Customer Question
Hi. Trouble getting my...

Hi. Trouble getting my dish washer going. The start light comes on then goes to blinking. Model number GDF-510PGD2WW. We have only had this dish washer for one year.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

GE

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If we can.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It goes to standby and we have to reset it and hope that it comes on. It just started the wash cycle and we have spent half an hour trying to get it running. Is there a delay start that we do not know about?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 5 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Does the door shut smoothly and latch securely?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Just text me thank you.

Sorry for the auto call offer, I have no control over those.

What do you have to do to get it to work, just reset the cycle or open the door and reset?

The model numbe is in a previous sent text.
We have tried these things. Maybe not in a set sequence.

I have it, thank you. What do you have to do to get it to work, just reset the cycle or open the door and reset?

It just started working. It’s like it is on s delayed start. This is the third time this had happened. We do not use the dishwasher often.
Any ideas? It was installed this time last year. We did not install it ourselves.

When it does not start, what do you have to do to get it to work or does it just start on its own after a delay?

We keep resetting and restarting. It goes to a steady light then to a blinking light and stays there. We then repeat these steps. It finally started after a few attempts

So when you reset it, are you just pushing buttons or do you open the door? This is a very important piece of information.

We have done both
We have cancelled it. Opened the door, closed it and started it. Steady light comes and then it goes to blinking.
We open and close the door and turn it on. Starts off with steady light then going to blinking and stays at that stage.
Hi are you still there
Model number GDF-510PGD2WW.

Sorry, my computer crashed. I believe you have a very common issue on these models. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you

No problem.

The door latch that has the switches in it that tell the control the door is closed has a very high failure rate. I suspect it will need to b replaced if the door is closing well. The flashing start light is indicating that the door is open.

The video at the link below shows how it is accessed for replacement!

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Kelly, Appliance Technician