Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am having trouble with my coffee machine. It says insert…

Customer Question
Hi I am having...

Hi I am having trouble with my coffee machine. It says insert water tank. I did that but it still shows that message.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

It just started this morning

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not sure

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

What coffee machine do you have and is the tank full of water all the way?

It is a miele CVA4075 coffee machine.

Check the base of the water tank and make sure it is inserted all the way there should be a little trigger switch where the tank connects that tells it it is in that may be bad or broken.

ok checking right now

Thanks!

No still does not work

OK then you likely have a failed tank switch and the unit will need to be taken apart to replace the switch. This is a job to do so you have to be very handy to do it. I do not recommend doing this unless you are very handy.