Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a ge wall oven model #jrgs14gep186 the temp is off by…

Customer Question
I have a ge...

I have a ge wall oven model #jrgs14gep186 the temp is off by 50 degrees was wondering if i can calibrate the oven

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is digital ,but no idea how old it is . and i gave you the model # here is the serial number also gh602078q

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if i can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Well, the oven is on an exterior wall with no insulation ,they built a box for it , but didnt insulate

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 8 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Yes you can calibrate the oven, below are the instructions to calibrate it:

click here for instructions

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, I'm sure you don't work for free please don't expect I should.

joel i tried doing that and i didnt get any 00 or cal ,nothing
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 8 months ago

unplug the stove for a few minutes and plug it back and try again. Just make sure you are pressing in and holding the bake pad down very quick after entering a temp above 500 degrees.

joel i am still waiting on your call,like you said you dont work for free. and i dont like paying for something that im not receiving
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 8 months ago

I am not able to make a call at this time, I will have to opt out to let another expert help you with this, thanks.

Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

If you still need help please double check the model and post it here, something is wrong with the model number, I am a different tech.