Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a bosch nexxt 300 series washing machine which I have…

Customer Question
I have a bosch...

I have a bosch nexxt 300 series washing machine which I have had with no issues for a number of years. Now, when I start the cycle it will stop, all the lights will turn off, and then it will restart with the same amount of time. In the next several minutes it will do it again and will continue doing it throughout the cycle until it finally finishes. It is taking much longer therefore to get through the cycle. Do you have any ideas for me??

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It might be 10 years old? Model number WFMC2201UC

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Probably not me, but both my husband and son are very handy and have fixed other appliances throughout the years.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not really. I love my machine, but I need it to work properly as I take care of my elderly mother and handicapped sister and have a lot of laundry to do!

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately the only thing that can possibly cause your issue is a faulty main control board inside your control panel. You can try to unplug the washer for 24 hours and see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, order and replace the main control board if you wanted to fix the washer---I'll warn you in advance that the part is about $440. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for main control board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.