Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a model 462ss thats about 5 years old, sat empty in a…

Customer Question
Have a model 462ss thats...
Have a model 462ss thats about 5 years old, sat empty in a building for a year, recently filled it up and works fine, but I'm seeing black plastic pieces in the bottom, when I pick them up, they just crumble, I'm assuming something is coming apart in the system?
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/11/2017
Appliance Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 5 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello… My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today as well as providing a quick and straightforward solution to your question. On behalf of Just Answer, I do apologize for the extended wait time you’ve experienced without an expert responding to your question. Now that I am logged on, please allow me a few moments for some research and to confirm my recommendations, which will appear shortly.

In the meantime, if you have any more information you would like to add, ask additional questions, would like to make a comment, or would like to upload helpful photos, please use the reply box below. Thank you!

Is this for a spa? If so what make and model?

Model 462ss bullfrog spa

O​k thought so.... If you are getting pieces of black something, most likely it is a rubber seal of some type, possibly from the filters? But maybe something else internal. The first thing it to be looking for leaks. If no leaks then anything that has black coatings, or fittings. If you can maybe try to determine what the material is made of to help narrow down the search.

Its hard plastic chunks, about the size of a pencil led, no leaks, I'm assuming its from the jets, probably the impellers?

Plastic is not rubber so it doesn't sound like seals. Could be pieces of the jets, etc. Think you will need to keep an eye on it and see what happens.

I was also thinking the plastic pieces may be from the factory not trimming/cleaning the pipes/tubing ends after cutting them? Maybe upload a couple photos so I can see what you are finding.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

It has been my pleasure providing an answer for you today, however if additional service is needed, please use the reply box to let me know and I will respond back once I have the requested information.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Dave

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question? If this information was helpful you can close out this question simply by completing the rating questionnaire when prompted, however…

If you are still having problems that my response and recommendations were unable to resolve, just let me know and I will continue looking for another possible solution, however I do ask that you please do not complete the rating until I have had a chance to do some further research.

Thanks,

Dave

Appliance Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 4 months ago

I have not been able to locate any additional information on this issue and since I have not received any feedback, I am thinking the recommendations I mentioned above have been helpful in resolving this problem. If you still need additional assistance just let me know by using the reply box.

Thanks,

Dave

David Bowden
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor