Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The microwave display shows SE. Samsung MSH1611B. Do I need…

Customer Question
Hi! The microwave display...

Hi! The microwave display shows SE . Samsung MSH1611B. Do I need to replace the touch pad?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

SMH1611B

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I dont think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So yes, you are definitely on the right track. Error SE means your touchpad has shorted. If you think it may have got wet or too much steam was present from boiling below the microwave when this error occurred, give it 24 hours to dry out and unplug the microwave in the mean time. If that doesn't work, replace the touch control panel. The part number you need is DE94-02411A and it's about $50 or so. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for touch control panel

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.