Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Frigidaire oven that is off but the bottom oven…

Customer Question
I have a Frigidaire...

I have a Frigidaire oven that is off but the bottom oven burner is glowing red and hotter than ever, showing a code F1 . What's this code mean

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model# *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe. If it's just changing a part out or something relatively easy

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. I've pushed the cancel button a few times. I've turned off the breaker at the breaker box for a few hours. flip the breaker back on and it starts heating up automatically

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/11/2017
Appliance Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 8 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello… My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today as well as providing a quick and straightforward solution to your oven question. On behalf of Just Answer, I do apologize for the extended wait time you’ve experienced without an expert responding to your question. Now that I am logged on, please allow me a few moments for some research and to confirm my recommendations, which will appear shortly.

In the meantime, if you have any more information you would like to add, ask additional questions, would like to make a comment, or would like to upload helpful photos, please use the reply box below. Thank you!

The F1 error code on this model of Frigidaire range indicates that the electronic oven control board detects one of the following errors:
Failed oven temperature sensor probe
Shorted keypad
Internal electronic control board error caused by a power glitch or surge through the electrical lines
Failed electronic control board
The electronic oven control board will likely need to be replaced.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you will need to contact a trusted service provider, to determine what is causing the error and replace any defective parts. In the meantime if you need to shut the unit off, do so at the circuit breaker. If you need to use the top burners you can turn the breaker back on temporarily.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question? If this information was helpful you can close out this question simply by completing the rating questionnaire when prompted, however…

If you are still having problems that my response and recommendations were unable to resolve, just let me know and I will continue looking for another possible solution, however I do ask that you please do not complete the rating until I have had a chance to do some further research.

Thanks,

Dave

Appliance Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 7 months ago

I​ was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

I have not been able to locate any additional information on this issue and since I have not received any feedback, I am thinking the recommendations I mentioned above have been helpful in resolving this problem. If you still need additional assistance just let me know by using the reply box.

Thanks,

Dave

I was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?

Hello, I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been replied too, however I did respond with an answer back on November 11, 2017 and therefore I am wondering if that has resolved the problem you were experiencing. I would greatly appreciate a reply email, so I can complete this open question, or just let me know if you need further assistance, and I can continue to look for another solution.

Appliance Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 6 months ago

Hello...

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I provided initially was helpful or if you still require some assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** that way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

Thank you very much,

Dave

W​ere you able to get the stove working properly or do you still need assistance? Please advise.

Thanks

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

Appliance Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 5 months ago

Hello... As part of our continuous follow up procedures, every open question requires it to be closed out once it has gone past a reasonable time, and that the expert has provided an answer that should have helped resolve your question. This can be done simply by completing the 5 Star Rating once it appears. If you still require assistance or have additional questions, you can let the expert know by replying to this posting that you still need their advice and recommendations.

Thank you,

Dave

Please disregard attachment sent, that was in error.

Your assistance is needed... A​s of today this question is over 60 days old, and based on the nature of the problem along with the recommendation that were provided, I would like for us to close out this question. In order to do that it requires a rating by you as explained below.

Please note that the rating is only based on the experts attempt to resolve the problem. If you feel a credit or refund is applicable, please contact customer service directly as the experts are not authorized to handle these matters.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

​Thank you very much for your assistance with this, I sincerely ***** *****

Dave

Appliance Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 4 months ago

Thank you,

Dave

Appliance Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 3 months ago

Thank you,

Dave

Appliance Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 2 months ago

If you could please respond and let me know if you still need assistance or if I can proceed in closing out this question, I would sure appreciate it as it is several months old.

Thanks

Dave

Appliance Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 1 month ago

I do apologize for these continuing follow-up messages, however since this question remains open and will only close out once the rating portion has been completed by you. Please assist me by taking a few moments to fulfill the rating requirement and this will satisfy the system.

Thank you so much, I sincerely ***** *****

Best,

Dave

Appliance Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 26 days ago

Greetings...

I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been rated yet. If you could take a couple of moments and complete the 5 Star Rating which will close out the question I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Dave