Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My ge monogram fridge doors aren’t sealing and pressurizing,

Customer Question
My ge monogram fridge...

My ge monogram fridge doors aren’t sealing and pressurizing

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Zis480nri

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Ge monogram

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don’t think so. I read the manual and it said nothing about what to do if the doors don’t pressurize

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
The fan is blowing on the top but I don’t hear any action inside
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 9 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi what you can do is on the flat part of the refrigerator where the seal will meet .........run a thin application of Vasilene with your finger all around and that should solve your problem......please let me know

Thanks

eddie

Did not work :( its higher than five hours ago

what is higher?.................the temperature decreased in the fridge? and is there a lot of condensation inside?

The freezer is now at 42.it was at 37 before

It's not just a door seal...........it could be a control board or what is called an inverter ........either way you probably need to call in service and it has to be tracked

Yeah I have called in service. I don’t think this is something I can fix. Is there anything I can check to confirm it’s an inverter?

the symptoms are there.........you said it is running ..........maybe not shutting down............the compressor will be hot ...........the inverter should be next to it on 3 screws and a maybe a 150. part ......so if your handy and can get the part overnighted if it were me I would try that first..........maybe buy a big cooler too so you won't lose too much

I hope you have found my answers insightful with content and to your satisfaction……. please click ACCEPT… this would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming to me until I am rated for my assistance…..positive feedback…..5 star replies and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated

Thank You

eddie

I hope this held substantial meaning for you and you found my answers to your questions helpful and insightful and would consider a positive rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie