Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Kenmore upright freezer just stop working. When I unplug…

My Kenmore upright freezer...

My Kenmore upright freezer just stop working. When I unplug the unit and plug it back in, I can hear the unit attempt

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Purchased new in 2010. Model #: 255.29702010

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When I plug the unit back in, I can hear the unit attempt to start , (a low humming sound then a slight click), then quiet.

Contractor's Assistant: What can I say?

Start with what you think the problem is.

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/10/2017
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
When you say you plug the unit back in and you hear it attempt . do you mean you can hear the compressor in the rear clicking?

not quite sure weather the click is from the compressor or the start-up relay; however, it does not sound like it's coming from the compressor.

ok The start relay is mounted on the side of the compressor .

Now the age of the unit the actual start relay is no longer available ,but you can replace it with a universal hard start kit .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

Master Tech
I attempted to order the suggested part and was told that the part was not compatible with my appliance.
Appliance Guru
Phone call session started