Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My Kenmore upright freezer just stop working. When I unplug

the unit and plug it...
My Kenmore upright freezer just stop working. When I unplug the unit and plug it back in, I can hear the unit attempt
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Purchased new in 2010. Model #: 255.29702010
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: When I plug the unit back in, I can hear the unit attempt to start , (a low humming sound then a slight click), then quiet.
JA: What can I say?
Customer: Start with what you think the problem is.
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/10/2017
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
When you say you plug the unit back in and you hear it attempt . do you mean you can hear the compressor in the rear clicking?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
not quite sure weather the click is from the compressor or the start-up relay; however, it does not sound like it's coming from the compressor.

ok The start relay is mounted on the side of the compressor .

Now the age of the unit the actual start relay is no longer available ,but you can replace it with a universal hard start kit .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

Master Tech
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I attempted to order the suggested part and was told that the part was not compatible with my appliance.
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, Service Technician
Phone call session started
Master Tech
Master Tech