Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I do not know how to install part wp8266540 (spring) into…

Customer Question
I do not know...

I do not know how to install part wp8266540 (spring) into part number(###) ###-####(Door latch assembly)

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I have been trying for 3 days. I cannot find a video that shows how to use these parts.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Y

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have r3emoved the old part and did not find any fault with it except the absence of the spring which came with the replacement part

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/10/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

There is no spring with bracket(###) ###-#### What is the model number of your dishwasher? Are you sure you ordered the correct part number for your unit?

It is kenmore 665.13743K601

No spring is required for this unit. Below is a video on how to install and replace the part.

CLICK HERE for video

Does that help?

all ordered parts came from sears and bear the Whirlpool name.

That's good. wp8266540 isn't a valid part for your model so I'm not sure how you looked that part up to begin with

I have viewed the video 3 times. I do not see any part failures to explain why door does not lock and the washer remains inert.

I'm not even sure what your question is at this point. You were talking about a spring that doesn't exist, now you're saying the door doesn't lock shut and the washer won't run etc... I'll send you an option to speak by phone but we aren't getting anywhere at this rate typing.

good bye

ok. good luck