Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Trying to replace door handles on kenmore cold spot model…

Customer Question
Trying to replace door...

Trying to replace door handles on kenmore cold spot model(###) ###-####

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Mfg date is 6-95. Mod. 106.(###) ###-####

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. I have removed the top and bottom caps. Can’t figure out the trim/old handles and don’t want to break it.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have screwdriver and if needed, hammer, drill, saw and tnt 😃

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/10/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Ok

Let's start with the TNT. Just kidding, but these handles are no easy to remove. You have to pry and remove the upper and lower trim pieces of the handle strip in order to see the screws at the top and bottom of the handle so you can unscrew the handle and remove it. Below is a video that shows the process on this style handle. The video is replacing a GE handle, but the process is the same for your model.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Not the same... :( I will wait for hubby...

It is the same, I do this for a living. If you can't do it yourself see if your husband can do it for you or call warranty because the process is the same as the video I gave you.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?