Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

A light came on our new washer saying that we must "clean…

Customer Question
A light came on...

A light came on our new washer saying that we must "clean washer with Afresh". Is this necessary and how often must we do it( cannot find the warranty book)? Thank you.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is a Maytag Model MVW8765WD purchased Feb. 2017.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, unless it's very complicated.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Do we just add the Afresh in the water and run a normal cycle or does this need a service call to perform? Also how often does this cleaning have to be done?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/10/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
can you look at the model number once again please?

the Affresh can just be put into the washer and Most manufactures recommend that you use the cleaner on these new low water washers at least every six months.

I think your correct model number is ***** can you verify for me?

This is from that models use and care booklet Use this cycle every 30 washes to keep the inside of your washer fresh and clean. This cycle uses a higher water level. Use with affresh® Washer Cleaner tablet or liquid chlorine bleach to thoroughly clean the inside of your washer. This cycle should not be interrupted. See “Washer Care.”

And here is a link to the models use and care booklet so you have one .

https://www.maytag.com/content/dam/global/documents/201608/owners-manual-W10894759-RevA.pdf

If you have any questions just let me know!

Did I loose you?