Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Sub Zero 511 refrigerator/freezer and the freezer…

Customer Question
I have a Sub...

I have a Sub Zero 511 refrigerator/freezer and the freezer dial is set between 6 and 7 and won't move. I'm afraid to try and move it with pliers. Any suggestions?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Sub-Zero is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The model is 511. I moved into my place 2 years ago and it was already here. Guessing 3 or 4 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not necessarily, it doesn't seem like "work" per se just to unstick the temp adjustment knob. The refrigerator adjustment works just fine.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/10/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

You can't really unstick the shaft if it's not turning on the thermostat. You can pull the knob off and try to twist the shaft with pliers to see if it moves, but other than that, the thermostat would need to be replaced.