Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a Castle Pellet stove and there seems to be a short…

Customer Question
We have a Castle...

We have a Castle Pellet stove and there seems to be a short in the wiring that leads to the safety button on the loading door. When we load pellets then shut the door, sometimes the fan begins to go on and off - if we hold the door down, sometimes we can get the fan to go on and stay on, but we believe there's a short in the wiring. How to we fix that?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

It's a Castle stove, model 20357

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It has done it before, but we forgot about it until we started using it again this winter. Yes, my husband would like to be able to fix it.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Husband believes it's a loose wire, but we don't know for sure.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/10/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 5 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

From what your saying you do not have a short but it sounds as if the door and door safety switch need to be properly aligned so the switch makes every time the door is closed.

John, Home Appliance Technician