Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool Gold series refrigerator (Model #

Customer Question
I have a Whirlpool...

I have a Whirlpool Gold series refrigerator (Model # GI5FSAXVA00). The Ice Maker randomly turns the auger. The end result is that ice is ejected when this occurs.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Any thoughts on what needs to be replaced?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would prefer to.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

As long as you understand the problem as I described it.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/10/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 9 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

do you mean the auger in the ice container?

If so the ice maker has nothing to do with that operation.

I mean the auger in the ice container. It turns randomly.

ok the only thing that powers the ice container is auger motor is the main control board .

So your saying the ice container auger stats and drops cubes out the dispenser when no one is near it correct?

Correct. What is the cost of the main control board?

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

And if you return your old board that is where the $60.00 rebates comes into play!

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

Where does one gain access to the control board?

the main control board is located on the rear exterior of the unit behind a small cover that has several screws in it .

OK. I pulled the refrigerator out and located the control board. Would you happen to know if I replaced the board and it did not fix the problem, can I return it for full refund?

yes they have a 100% return warranty ! that is the main reason I use them !

Thank you much! I will order and attempt the repair. Would you happen to know if they'll provide a mailer package to send the defective board back?

yes they do send a return label in the box !!