Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a thermadore PRG366EG/02 Range with the oven below.

Customer Question
I have a thermadore...

I have a thermadore PRG366EG/02 Range with the oven below. When the selector is turned to bake, I smell gas, but the igniter does not tick or glow. Oven will not light. In the broil position, It will light and operate normally

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Model PRG366EG/02

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Serial number***********

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Unit was put in service 0819/2008

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/10/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 5 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If you remove the floor inside the oven, does the igniter look like a rectangular metal vented box, or is it 2 long thin probes attached to the side of the burner?

The unit has a rectangular metal vented box with a single wire electrode
It looks brand new
checked it for continuity and its fine

Does it look like the part in the link below?

CLICK HERE to see igniter

No. One wire on the bottom, with a single probe on top.
i already checked it for continuity and its fine
It has two long single probes that sit right next to the burner
my bad, sorry.

OK so unfortunately that is a spark electrode so if it's not sounding like a taser and sparking when you start the bake but some gas comes out, you have a bad main control board because that is what controls the sparker on the oven. It's under the cooktop and the part number is ***** It costs about $460 I'm sorry to say. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for control board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Just to be clear, does the same part control the broiler? That works and all of top burners. My wife told me before this happened in the past, there were a few times the range never reached the correct temperature as well. seems kind of weird. Haven't really used it much even though its an older unit.

It does, yes---but they parts on the board fail independently. It won't cause both bake and broil to fail at the same time.

Can it be a spark ignition switch also, or this unit does it through the control board?

No, it can't be the spark ignition switch or else it wouldn't try to open the gas valve also because the board wouldn't get a signal if the ignition switch was bad.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc