Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Norcold. N811. Will cool to 20 degrees in freezer. Changed…

Customer Question
Norcold. N811. Will...

Norcold. N811. Will cool to 20 degrees in freezer. Changed thermistor and cooled down to zero for about a week. Went into defrost and it now holding at 20. It’s like it is stuck in defrost. Been 3 days.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

Setting is on 5. Tried on gas same. N811

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Temp here is 50. No blockage in rear. Yes . Repair most things. Master elec for 40+ yrs

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Heater is pulling 273 w

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/10/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

OK try to reset the board, if that does not work replace the main control board on the unit. It is located back by the heater. Here is a link to the reset procedure for the board. Also make sure you replaced the thermister with the correct part number.

CLICK HERE

A 5 STAR POSITIVE STAR to my response is required so that I can receive credit for responding to your post through the site. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating and you can continue to respond back here after a rating is given for FREE.

Even though there have been no fault codes on optical display?

Yes try the reset.