Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I just replaced the control board in my Maytag refrigerator…

Customer Question
I just replaced the...

I just replaced the control board in my Maytag refrigerator model# ***** It did not come with programming instructions. Can you help me with that?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I bought it in 2010

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have installed the board and it powered up but there is PEO OOO on the front panel.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/10/2017
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your refrigerator. Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

Ok, try the following: Please note that if the wrong board was ordered, the refrigerator will not accept the code. This is very common. Hopefully, your board was ordered by model and serial number:

NOTE: The Program Code is located on the Serial Plate on this unit after the word Code. 1. Press and hold the Door Alarm Keypad. 2. Press and hold Freezer Temperature DOWN /- Keypad within 3 seconds. 3. Release the Door Alarm Keypad and wait 3 seconds. 4. The control will display PE to indicate the programming mode. 5. Entry is confirmed by pressing the Freezer Temperature DOWN /- Keypad once more. 6. The control will display the current Program CODE. This value should be validated with the Program CODE printed on the unit serial plate. NOTE: If the Program CODE is correct, the Programming Mode is exited by pressing Door Alarm Keypad for 3 seconds. 7. Press the Refrigerator Temperature UP /+ Keypad or Refrigerator Temperature DOWN /- Keypad to change the digit value with each key press. 8. The decimal point indicates the selected digit. Press the Freezer Temperature UP /+ Keypad to select the next digit. 9. Once the desired Program CODE is entered, press and hold the Freezer Temperature DOWN /- Keypad until the Program CODE begins flashing indicating it has been saved. NOTE: If you attempt to enter an invalid Program CODE the control will not save the new code, but will beep. (The unit will NOT run with a Program CODE of 0000).Once the Program CODE has been saved the Programming Mode is exited by pressing any key. If the new code is incorrect this process should be repeated. The Programming mode can be exited at any time by pressing Door Alarm key for 3 seconds or will exit if unattended for four minutes.

- I hope I have earned a five star rating from you. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. Thank you.