Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I just used my kitchen aid oven to bake cauliflower tots on…

Customer Question
I just used my...

I just used my kitchen aid oven to bake cauliflower tots on a baking sheet. The oven was preheated to 425, baked and then done. I hit the OFF button, but it sounds like it is still "running"...is it cooling and how long should that take? The fan has been running now for about 20 minutes after the fact.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

At least 10 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I don't think there is any work to be done. I am wondering just about the safety....I will have to leave in about an hour, and can't really tell if the oven is still on or not. It sounds like it is running, but the heating element inside is NOT on anymore. Is there a cooling time?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/9/2017
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your Kitchenaid oven. Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

Most ovens do have a cooling fan that runs for up to an hour to keep the outside of the oven cool. This helps prevent damage to the cavity that the oven sits in and reduces heat build-up around it in order to reduce the risk of fire. It should shut off once the oven cools down! If not, let me know and we'll get a model number and investigate further.

- I hope I have earned a five star rating from you. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. Thank you.