Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a recently purchased Maytag washer Mod MVWC565FWO, it…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a recently purchased Maytag washer Mod MVWC565FWO, it will not dispense rinse water , no lights, cannot start, no functions only a sound as though it is running yet no agitator turn

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Probably a year cannot find receipt, bought from Lowes Model MVWC565FWO on interior of machine with Ser C64445234

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It depends on cost

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Only the noise when plugged in and no electronics are visible...is their some kind of reset switch available on this model

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/9/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 8 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The only reset there is for that model is to unplug the washer for a few minutes and plug it back up, if it still does not have any power at the display after that then the main board has failed.

The replacement board is listed below:

CNTRL-ELEC

Part #: W10863406

Substitution: W10916229 - click here for part info at sears

You will need to remove the back cover of the console to access the main board - click here for part diagram showing location

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, I'm sure you don't work for free please don't expect I should.