Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our front load kenmore is leaking, overnight it leaked all…

Customer Question
Our front load kenmore...

Our front load kenmore is leaking, overnight it leaked all over our new floor, what are the first things to check?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

At least 5 maybe 8 mod#79640311900

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I was told it could be our pump so i bought a new one but it is slightly longer and the electrical tabs when it is mounted will touch the side of the washer

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/9/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Was the washer in use when it leaked or just setting there?