Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Three door Maytag refridgerator willnot turn on. MFI2569YEW.

Customer Question
Three door Maytag refridgerator...

Three door Maytag refridgerator willnot turn on

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

MFI2569YEW

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If its simple

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Whhile we were away for 3 months there was a power outage. Is there a reset button that could have tripped with the power surge when power came back on?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/9/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 9 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

I`m sorry to say that there is NO reset button .

But if you unplug or turn the circuit breaker off for 5 minutes you might be able to REBOOT the electronic control board ,if you have not done that let`s do it at this time ,then plug it back in and let me know if it then starts or not.

just unplugged it
while waiting, tell me what to do when I plug it back in. I do not see an "on" button, just an "off" button.

Press and hold the On/Off button for three seconds. The red LED will light up to indicate that cooling is Off. Press the On/Off button again to turn on the cooling. The LED will turn off.

plugged it back in, no change. No lights unless you push some button, cannot set or reset anything. release buttons, all lights go off

and you press and held the off button for three seconds?

when I do that nothing happens when I push button to turn on. All lights remain off
I held for 3 seconds
why waste 24 if I have to call repair man to replace the compressor

ok so some how when you were gone the control board has failed .

I suspect the power surge (on /off) damaged the electronic control board and it will need to be replaced .

I DID NOT send you the phone call prompt that is the web site we are using NOT I !!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

This is the main control board in the rear of the unit.

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

if i order that panel, can I install it or do i need special tool for the electrical connections?

no special tools needed just basic hand tools .

And it will/ should come with instructions .

Can I get this at Lowe’s now or would they hav to order it too?

no you have to order it from an appliance parts dealer ,Lowes will not have and can not order it .

you can order it from the link I sent you also , they show it in stock and can be shipped by 4;30 pm EST