Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Getting f8 low heat...just had it repaired, and now can't…

Customer Question
Getting f8 low heat...just...

Getting f8 low heat...just had it repaired, and now can't even use oven...

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Turbochef ngc is all I can get from screen...no less than 10 years... repair man said something about my door gaskets showing age, and was supposed to send me new ones...could bad door gasket cause this?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am at this point

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I just really need to figure out what to do to get this machine back up and running....very frustrated

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/9/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 9 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

What is the complete make and model off the tag on the frame of the unit?

Model ngc
Serial# *****
It is an older unit

F8 means the oven has not sensed a 14F (7C) temperature rise within 30 seconds. This message occurs during warm up and in the self-test mode if the oven fails to warm up in the predetermined time period. Common causes are solid state relay (NGC-3005), high limit thermostat (102075), and heater wire service kit (NGC-3089). I would check all those things out and the heating element itself on the unit to see if it has failed.

A 5 STAR POSITIVE STAR to my response is required so that I can receive credit for responding to your post through the site. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating and you can continue to respond back here after a rating is given for FREE.

Where are those things...

The parts are mainly behind the clock control unit, the relays are mounted to the control board and thermostats and heaters are not too far behind it. Here is a part link as this is hard to explain.

CLICK HERE