Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My Whiirlpool duet front loading washer appears to be

my Whiirlpool duet front loading...
my Whiirlpool duet front loading washer appears to be leaking from the front of the machine. I checked the connections in the back and there're no leaks. Im guessing it may be the rubber gasket in the front. Is this part still available and is it worth fixing
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: purchased 11-4-07
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: think this is the serial number wfw9200sq
11/9/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So first, yes the front door gasket is still made. The part number is ***** and below is a link to the part as well as a video that shows you how to replace it.

CLICK HERE for gasket

CLICK HERE for video

But before you replace the gasket, I would unscrew the lower front panel by removing the screws under the bot***** *****p. There are a couple screws below the lower front panel and you remove those the lower front panel will pull down, forward, and off. Then you can start a cycle and watch to see if the water is coming from the gasket.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I took the panel off and ran it. It is definitely leaking from the front of the machine.

OK so I would replace the front gasket then and you should be good to go again. The video and link I sent you before should help with that process. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and if you need anything else just let me know.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Excellent advice
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc