Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Ge refrigerator #GSS25LSWA SS water dispenser not working.

Customer Question
Only a slight hum when...
Ge refrigerator #GSS25LSWA SS water dispenser not working. Only a slight hum when trying to dispense
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model number on previous message
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
11/9/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 month ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

That would mean that either the line is frozen, the water filter is plugged up or the water supply to the unit is bad. First and the most common issue is the water line is frozen. These things would need to be checked for that issue. The water valve could be bad, the line could be frozen in the wall or there could be an issue with the dispenser board or switch. Can you see the water line that exits the door panel at the hinge area? If so follow that to the quick connector that couples the line together and separate it. Then press the dispenser briefly, if water sprays out of the tube disconnected you have a frozen water line in the door liner. Then you would need to set the temps to the warmest setting for the refrigerator and freezer for a 12 hour period and that should defrost the line. If nothing comes out of the line then you would need to check the valve for power and replace that if you have power to the fill valve for the dispenser. If you have no power then you have a board issue at the dispenser or a switch issue at the dispenser itself.

A 5 STAR POSITIVE STAR to my response is required so that I can receive credit for responding to your post through the site. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating and you can continue to respond back here after a rating is given for FREE.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician