Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

For the first time tonight the display window on my Kenmore…

Customer Question
For the first time...

For the first time tonight the display window on my Kenmore electric range slid in has started "flashing" the number 6 from one side to the other. This started after I had turned the oven off. When oven door open the flashing stops. Starts again when door closed. Thank you

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Age would be 8-10 years old , front of book says Models(###) ###-####and(###) ###-#### indicates color makes a difference, mine is black

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible. I live in small area and it takes up to two weeks to get a repair person to your home

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of. The oven worked fine tonight as did the cooktop. This has never happened before

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/9/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 9 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Try to power the unit off at the circuit breaker for a FULL MINUTE and then turn it back on and see if it works fine again. Let me know what happens.

A 5 STAR POSITIVE STAR to my response is required so that I can receive credit for responding to your post through the site. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating and you can continue to respond back here after a rating is given for FREE.

OK when that issue happens and it does not clear you have to replace the clock control on the unit. You need the compete model number off the tag to get the right one. That unit was made by Frigidaire and is a common issue on the unit. Get me the complete model number to order the right part.

Why does it not blink when door open or light on in oven

Because of the power flow through the board to the light. This happened on a lot of those.

I do not have the complete model number to send you. Could I just remove the light?

You can but the number will still be on.

I will just have to try and talk to Sears I guess since I do not have the full model number. The stove still works and hopefully my house will not burn down.

No it will be fine and if you are worried about it just shut the power off to the unit for now.