Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Have a Kenmore model 106 ref. water dispenser in door has

twice poured water all over...
have a Kenmore model 106 ref. water dispenser in door has twice poured water all over kitchen floor with no one using it. changed control mod. on icemaker, water valve on back for ice maker and water dispenser. what else could cause this?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 22 yr. Model###-##-####ice maker(###) ###-####JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no I tried to find electrical diagrams on line to see what else is there but can't find
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/8/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Can you please send me the model number again? The number you have listed isn't quite correct after the 106

That's what you send me before but it's not correct. Do you have a full model number so I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section and seen if you just open the refrigerator door.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
is this $24 in addision to the first charge

I'm not sure what you're talking about? A phone option? The site sends those out---I didn't send that and yes it's an additional $24. What I need from you to help is the same thing I've asked 3 times for now.

QUOTE:

Do you have a full model number so I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section and seen if you just open the refrigerator door.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
106-9550780

OK perfect, that works. Thank you. So you replaced the valve and the icemaker but it continues to randomly pour out from the dispenser? Have you ever caught it pouring out? How do you stop it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
when it starts I have to shut off water valve in wall to stop.

Have you ever tried to just open the door? Does that stop the water while the freezer door is open?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
never tried, the first time I had just replaced the water valve in the back. so I took it back off and put the old one on. the next time I replaced the control mod. it just comes on and stays on

OK so it sounds like the switch inside the dispenser panel has a bad contact and it's closing when you're not pushing the paddle. I would replace the little micro switch that your water dispenser paddle pushes up inside the dispenser when you push the paddle. The part number is ***** and below is a link to the part. The valve could have been a possibility as well, but since you already replaced the valve, the only option now is the switch.

CLICK HERE for water dispenser switch

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
checked the water with the door open , still runs, removed switch and checked, shows good, normal open put back together, water still runs.

The only thing that would cause the water to keep running with the door open is a bad valve. Make sure you have good water pressure, if it drops below 40psi the valve can't seal shut. Other than that, the valve failed and needs to be returned and replaced again.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks, ***** ***** time for a new refrig. I have replaced the valve twice. sad only 22 yr old!

Hmm, odd. I'm not sure why this valve is having so many problems.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
water pressure if fine, I have just about given up, I guess I can switch one of the other micro switches with this on to see if it makes a difference. I am tired of sinking money in for bad results.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc