Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a kitchenaid refrigerator with the freezer on the…

I have a kitchenaid...

I have a kitchenaid refrigerator with the freezer on the bottom. Recently I have noticed ice build up on the floor of the freezer. I cleaned the coils and the humidity control is on. the fridge and freezer keep things cold. What else can I do?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is 4 years old model kbfs22ewms9

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like to

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No Other than this problem the fridge works fine

11/7/2017
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

That is a blocked defrost drain line in the freezer, you need to remove the items in the freezer section. Once they are all out remove the back panel INSIDE the freezer to get at the evaporator and Defrost Drain pan under the evaporator. You will see it is all iced over. You need to melt all the ice and that will expose a DRAIN HOLE towards the middle of the drain pan under the evaporator. Clear that out with a steamer, hot water with a turkey baster or compressed air Make sure the drain is working by pouring a half cup of really hot water down it and it should drain nice and fast If so put the unit back together and it will be all fixed! You can then go behind it to check the duckbill for blockages just like this video will show you!

CLICK HERE VIDEO!

A POSITIVE STAR RATING to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating and you can continue to respond back here after a rating is given for FREE.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician