Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I replaced the water filter now ice maker won't work. Any…

Customer Question
I replaced the water...

I replaced the water filter now ice maker won't work. Any ideas?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

2009 Amana Side by side Ice and water in freezer door.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It worked fine before I changed the filter Not sure it was right filter. The water works OK but won't make Ice.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/7/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 5 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

John, Home Appliance Technician