Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I bought an LG Refrigerator LFX28968ST from Frys Electronics…

Customer Question
I bought an LG...

I bought an LG Refrigerator LFX28968ST from Frys Electronics on May 10th 2016, the ice maker has broken down twice, the last time it was repaired we were told that the repair involved resetting the power to the ice maker, is this possibly a faulty product or is it easy to again reset the power, please advice.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It was purchased on May 10, 2016, model number LG LFX28968ST

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if it is a simple process, if not, once again need a tech to complete

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes, is this a faulty product and if so how is it resolved? or if something can be done to correct the problem, that is the best solution

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/7/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So there is an on/off button on the icemaker you can flip off to reset the icemaker if it just needs to be reset. Attached below is a picture with an arrow showing where the on/off switch on the icemaker is.

Other than that, heat up the icemaker with a hair dryer for 15 minutes and thaw it out completely in case there is ice jamming the icemaker from cycling. If you do all that and it still won't cycle in the next 24 hours, replace the icemaker.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc