Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I PUT IN A NEW FILTER AND THE ICE AND WATER STOPPED WORKING.

Customer Question
I PUT IN A...

I PUT IN A NEW FILTER AND THE ICE AND WATER STOPPED WORKING. WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

MODEL GI5FSAXVY01

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

25 CU FT. SERIAL NO. KY1950343. IT DEPENDS ON WHAT THE PROBLEM IS.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

NO THATS IT AND THE FRIDGE IS ABOUT 4 YEARS OLD

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/7/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 9 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

After replqacing the water filter have you called for chilled water for two to three minutes to bleed the air out of the water system from the empty water filter yet?

THE FILTER INSTRUCTIONS SAYS TO FILL THE FILTER WITH WATER AND THEN INSERT

correct but when you replace the old filter with a new one your still introducing air into the system so you have to bleed that air out of the piping.

I noticed your request for a phone call. Unfortunately, Just Answer has stated that your request has failed due Credit card issues.

I just tried the phone call request again and it is still telling me ((Payment for this service failed, please do not fulfill yet. We will attempt to reach this customer to fix the situation.))

I updated my visa information and it is correct. What is the problem?
How can I bleed the water lines? When I push the water button, nothing happens.

this usually happens when your credit card company see two charges one right after the other from the same company and they block the charges thinking it is a stolen card and you will need to contact the card company . to authorize the charges.

instead of doing that, maybe I don't need live phone call, just do it this way. and just tell me what I should do.

ok Again I will ask have you bleed off the air in the water system by calling for chilled water fro several minutes to bleed the air out of the system yet?

And you will still have to contact your credit card company to authorize the question charge .

how can I bleed off the air in the water system, when calling for chilled water for several minutes, when the water won't come out to bleed it. Is there anther way to bleed off the air in the water system?

when you calling for water and no water is coming out the water is forcing the air out of the water lines with in the refrigerator!

Just keep calling for water until you get a full stream of water out of the dispenser .

This normally takes several minutes.

IHELD IT FOR ABOUT 5 MIN. AND THEN THE LOCK OUT BUTTON CAME ON. WHATS NEXT? BUT STILL HOLDING THE WATER BUTTON.

ok When you replaced the filter , did you do anything else other then just remove the old filter and install a new one?

And did you have the issue of no water or ice BEFORE you replaced the filter?

NO, I NORMALLY DO THE SAME THING ALL OF THE TIME. THE LOCKOUT BUTTON WON'T LET ME PUSH THE WATER BUTTON.
IF I TURN OFF THE REFRIGERATOR COMPLETELY, FOR A FEW HOURS DO YOU THINK THAT WOULD HELP THE WATER LINE, AND RESTORE THE SYSTEM?

ok so now unlock the dispenser .

Just stop pressing on the dispenser for 10 seconds and then press on it again to unlock the chilled water dispenser.

turning the refrigerator off for several hours will not help this issue unless you feel a water line has gotten frozen?

ITS A POSSIBILITY THE WATER LINE COULD HAVE GOTTEN FROZEN. THE FOOD IN THE FIDGE WAS EXTREMELY COLD WHEN I CHANGED THE FILTER.
I AM STILL HOLDING THE WATER BUTTON

ok in that case lets unplug the unit leave the fresh food door open for a few hours and then plug the unit back in later on and try to get chilled water .

Let go of the water button, now!

HOW DO I GET BACK TO YOU AFTER THAT?

just reply back to me thru your E-Mail as you are now!

OKAY, THANK YOU

no problem.

I JUST NEEDED TO TURN THE FRIDGE OFF AND LET THE WATER LINE THAW.

ok Great so it actually had nothing to do with the water filter being changed it was just by chance that is when it happened.

Glad you got it .

Glad to assist you anytime.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Thank you in advance!