Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The water was shut off to the house while the washer was…

Customer Question
The water was shut...

The water was shut off to the house while the washer was doing a load. We were gone and didn't know. Now the washer power lights and controls do not light up. The machine sounds like it is in a cycle and the door lock light flashes. there does not appear to be any water in the machine. It is a Maytag front loadW10649235A

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Purchased in 2014 new. Mdl. # MHW5100DWO Serial # C44451694

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

This happened yesterday. I unplugged the machine, let it set for an hour . It went back to its original no lights on te controls and the sound like a cycle was running. I have turned water on and off while unplugged but it just goes back to the same state when I plug it back in.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/7/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 9 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So this issue means that the washer didn't fill up with water quick enough and it took more than 6 minutes to fill up with water which can definitely be caused by not having the water turned on. The good news is that it's simple to reset this issue. The unit is in flood mode and you just need to plug the washer back in and give it 30 minutes to finish it's flood mode sequence. The door will remain locked and the drain pump will continue to run until the sequence is finished. Once it's done the door will unlock and you can use the washer like normal. Just be sure the water is turned onto the washer and the tray is fully closed and you should be good to go.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?