Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My samsung side by side refrigerator was accidentally left

Customer Question
open all day now the...
my samsung side by side refrigerator was accidentally left open all day now the freezer isnt getting cold
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: yes it,s little more than a year old the model number is *****
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: iwold like to if i can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: noo
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
11/7/2017
Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 month ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question, Do you still need help on this?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This morning I checked the refrigerator and the freezer was getting cold but not as quickly as it should

Ok what happens if a door is left open the evaporator inside the freezer builds up with too much ice which then effects the air flow around the appliance and causes the fault you have here.

Now you need to either fully empty the freezer and from there remove the back panel in there and there you will see the evaporator.

Use a hairdyer to melt all the ice from there so its fully clear.

Then refit the panels and that should cure the fault from there.

Or if you dont fancy removing the panels then you need to do a full defrost for 24 hours. Turn it off and leave the freezer door open for 24 hours and this will melt all the ice in there.

Then turn it back on and im sure after a few hours this will be back to normal from there.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician