Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Electric dryer, drum not turning, belts not broke, seems…

electric dryer, drum not...

electric dryer, drum not turning, belts not broke, seems like the dial needsreplaced

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Admiral, model no. ADE7005AYW, AT LEAST15 YEARS OLD

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just started the other day, if I manually turn drum, close door, setdial some times runs

11/5/2017
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

How long does it run when it does run, does it complete the cycle or run for a bit and stop?

Joel Swenson
runs for a short time then stops.
Phone call session started

here is a video showing how to replace the motor, the dryer in the video is a maytag but admiral was made by maytag when that unit was made so it's the same replacement procedure

click here for video

If you can't find the motor local or its you don't like the price you can find them cheaper on ebay below are the current listings:

click here for listings