Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Water heater only warms the water it dosnt get hot anymore\

water heater only warms...

water heater only warms the water it dosnt get hot anymore\

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Maybe a week, it gets hot enough to take a shower for me not my wife\

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes\

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/5/2017
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

H​ello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Travis and I will be the one to assist you. What type of water heater do you have?

Bosch aquastar

do you have the model number handy by chance? More then likely your heating element has went bad.

its a tankless

y​eah but sadly there is more then one model number for these units.

let me see if I can find it

ok

well its not on the thing . ill have to do some research and try again

any chance you have a warratny on this unit?

no it was installed almost 15 years ago

see all the different types there are I know its the heating element has went bad but without a model number I can not make sure you get the correct part to fix this. Are you planning on fixing it yourself?

https://www.bosch-climate.us/support-center/technical-support/parts-diagrams.html​

ok so all we need is the model number then we can figure this out together.

its a 38B

so this is the more then likely culprit to the problem. If you have a multimeter you can test it.

http://bostonheatingsupply.com/87472020830.aspx​

the burner lights but it just burns and not cooks like it used to
awesome thank you

do​ you have a multimeter you can check this part with. This part fails easily and is common for needing replaced.

I have a meter

ok ​so I need you to the thermocouple for continuity.

ill check it out. thanks

your very welcome. Keep me posted.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman
Still waiting for the part