Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Ice maker on frigerdare does not fill with water. Water is…

Ice maker on frigerdare...

Ice maker on frigerdare does not fill with water. Water is available on water dispenser on front.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Frigerdare ffhs2611pfea

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Ice maker was turned off for about a week because ice container full. Have not been able to fill water since.

Answered in 1 minute by:
10/31/2017
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

If you feel in top of the ice maker do you feel any ice or water?

No

ok So if the ice maker has no water in it then lets manually cycle the ice maker and see if it will cycle and fill with water!

Remove cover of the ice maker by inserting screwdriver in notch at bottom and prying cover from housing. Use screwdriver to rotate motor gear counterclockwise until holding switch circuit is completed. All components of ice maker should function to complete the cycle.

And this unit has a DUAL water inlet valve just because the chilled water works does not mean the ice maker part of the valve is good .

once you have cycled the icemaker ,then I will call you!

How does that sound?

Master Tech
Phone call session started
Cycled. Sounded like water valve closed but no water came through.

ok if you look in the rear of the icemaker and look at the fill tube do you see any ice blocking the water flow to the icemaker?

I added a little heat with gun and recycled again. Water turned on and some came through.

And can you pull the refrigerator out away from the wall so you can get behind it?

OK you heated the ice maker or the fill tube?

Heated tube. I can get behind.

ok calling you now!

did I loose you?

This is what I`m showing for the part number of the water inlet valve for your model.

###-##-####/p>